Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Been busy!



After pausing to swear after I ripped out 44 rows, I cast on again and am now just beginning the third repeat of the pattern block. I'm still on the first skein but I can see I'll have to wind skein two soon.


The ever lengthening rows are, indeed, meditative and quite soothing to work, so I do begin to think that I will finish this and it'll be a work to be proud of!


I was a bit worried about blocking soy silk, but a quick websearch reveals that this is possible and gives good results. The fabric has a lovely drapey feel to it already.

Of course, the bottom edge as shown in the picture will be the long straight edge of this trinagular shawl, but it is too big to show stretched to the proper shape now.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

That is beautiful, the yarn colours are exquisit! Look forward to seeing this one grow and blocked.